Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Soup Disaster Waiting to Happen

For the past two years I have been holding onto a recipe from the Food Network Magazine. Although you might be thinking, 'This recipe must have some super crazy ingredient and/or preparation process because she has been holding on to it for so long', sadly it is really neither of those things.  It is called "Curried Sweet Potato-Apple Soup."  That's it.  It's just a soup.

For some reason, my instinct was telling me to just throw this recipe away.  I carried it from house to house, thinking that maybe this recipe was going to be a gem even though I doubted it deep inside.  This recipe doubt is not one that I have very often. Instead of listening to myself,  I chose to ignore my questions and forge ahead with making this recipe.  And I decided this was the week to finally make it.  Here is the recipe for your viewing pleasure:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/curried-sweet-potato-apple-soup-recipe/reviews/index.html?pn=3

Man, oh man, do I wish I would have trusted myself on this one.  Not only was this soup thin and slightly boring, I also used a lot of ingredients such as chickpeas, raisins, and whole wheat couscous to try to make it a little better.  But alas, my work was for loss!  This is surprising to me considering how many positive reviews the recipe received on the Food Network website.  Maybe I did something wrong?  I promise I won't keep writing about recipes that aren't tasty and delicious.  I will include good ones again!  In fact, tomorrow's recipe is a wonderful repeat recipe with a twist.  Until then...







4 comments:

  1. Jenny, I have done this before too and made something that my instincts told me was going to be a flop. Don't be too hard on yourself. See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end result picture sure looks pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm glad you live in Atlanta, but only until your next master piece then I will want to be your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...at least you tried it and never have to wonder!!

    ReplyDelete