Saturday, October 6, 2012

Two "Real Simple" days in a row


Today's recipe is called "Cheese Tortellini with Spinach, Peas, and Brown Butter" by Real Simple (August 2012).  Although Matt and I don't have a regular rotation for what our meals will be, once I find a recipe I love that recipe tends to pop up on our dinner list quite regularly.  By regularly, I mean I have made today's recipe about three times since the middle of August.  That averages out to about once a month or so.  Pretty regular in my standards.

One reason why I haven't made this recipe by Real Simple more often is because tortellini at Publix costs about $7.00 a pound.  $7.00 seems kind of steep to me for only one part of a meal.  However, the other day when shopping at the DeKalb Farmer's Market, I saw they had a pound of homemade tortellini for less than $5.00.  "Heck's yes!" I thought to myself.  "We are going to be having that delicious Real Simple tortellini recipe again sometime soon!"  So this week I added the dinner to our weekly dinner list.

Below is the link to the original recipe.  It is a seriously good recipe so I highly recommend you try it.  The first two times I made the recipe, I left out the tomatoes because I thought they seemed like a weird addition.  This time I added them and I kind of wish I hadn't.  Matt and I both picked them all out of our servings.  If you love tomatoes, you might love the addition.  If you aren't a huge tomato fan, please know if you leave them out, you will still have a delicious dish. Enjoy!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/cheese-tortellin-brown-butter-00100000085424/index.html








2 comments:

  1. This is a really good recipe. I forgot the peas and tomatoes when I made it though! So, I really didn't make it at all, did I? It was easy too so I will definitely try it again. Thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes look so pretty and so delicious!! I want to come over and eat them raw!! Love this recipe! It is so good! Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete