Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday morning biscuits


Today I would like to share my new favorite breakfast item of the moment: an egg biscuit.  It is simple, classic, and full of protein.  (Okay, maybe not full of protein but I say that to justify my love for them.)

This morning when the craving hit me, I decided not to deny it but to embrace it!  I had nothing pressing to do so I thought I would actually try to make my own homemade biscuit for a change.  After looking through a couple biscuit recipes, I put together the little recipe below.  It was super easy to make and took less than 20 minutes from start to finish.  Because most of the biscuit recipes online make enough for twelve biscuits, my ingredients may look sparing.  This recipe only makes about four biscuits which was a perfect size for two people.  Two people, two biscuits each.






For my egg, I attempted to make it over medium with one full egg and one egg white.  After adding the egg to the pan, I left the room for a minute and cooked it a little long.  When cooking your egg, I would suggest you actually stay nearby as to not overcook it.  I guess I temporarily forgot that eggs cook in a flash of a second. Because the biscuits are small, I actually split the cooked egg in half, putting half on one biscuit and half on my second biscuit.  This little breakfast meal was a perfect way to start a Saturday!  I hope you enjoy.





         ...............

Simple Saturday Morning Biscuits

3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 tablespoon sections
1/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl.  Mix well.  Add sectioned butter to the flour mixture.  Using a fork, cut the butter into the flour mixture until lumpy.  Add milk.  Stir until mixed but not too much more.  Cut dough into four sections and roll with hands into a biscuit shape.  Bake for 10 minutes. 

          ...............

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you break down recipes for 2. That leaves no leftovers to tempt us with! Plus, guaranteed fresh, good idea,

    ReplyDelete