Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Potato, Leek, and Feta Tart


I love cooking.  I really, really do.  I love getting to experiment with new ingredients and combine flavors I never knew would go together.  Although this experimentation is a part of who I am now, it hasn't always been.

When Matt and I were beginning to date/cook together, I found a recipe in Real Simple called "Potato, Leek, and Feta Tart."  This recipe included dill (delicious), a pie crust (also delicious), and zucchini (a new favorite). However, I was still hesitant to try this dish.  I would like to say at this point in my cooking experience, I literally had no idea what a leek was.   I was intimated to make a recipe in which I was clueless on the flavor of the ingredient and how it might turn out.

After some encouragement from a friend, I decided to take the plunge and try it.  Luckily for me, Matt was totally up for trying this recipe on a date night.  We worked together for more than an hour chopping, cooking, and baking this little delightful tart.  And oh my goodness, the end result was more than worth the time, anxiety, and ingredient questioning.  It is that good. Seriously, that good! Since that first time we made the tart, we have made it for friends, family, and ourselves on many, many occasions.  We love it so I hope you enjoy!

The Real Simple recipe can be found here:  http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/potato-leek-feta-tart-recipe-00000000019589/index.html







1 comment:

  1. Excuse me, ma'am!! You have never made that for me and it looks awesome! Next time we are together, it's on!!

    ReplyDelete