Saturday, November 3, 2012

His and Hers breakfast biscuits



By now, it is pretty clear on Saturday mornings my go-to breakfast option is some sort of egg item.  Yesterday I told Matt I would make him a sausage biscuit for his Saturday morning breakfast.  If it were possible, I am pretty sure he would love to have a sausage biscuit every single morning.  

Although volunteering to do this wasn't a bad decision, it was a gross one.  I had forgotten how gross sausage (or any ground beef, turkey, chicken item) is to cook with.  I think I washed my hands about six times between first opening the sausage tube (yes, tube) and finishing the patties.  As I type right now, my hands are literally drier from all the hand washing.  I washed them that many times.

Even though our lotion budget may not appreciate my cooking sausage, Matt definitely did.  He had a sausage patty on a Pillsbury Simply Biscuit and I had an egg concoction on a biscuit.  For my egg, I added chopped spinach (which was again on the verge of going bad), fontina cheese left over from the pizza, some soy milk, one egg white, and one full egg.  I salt and peppered it as well.  If you are interested in Weight Watcher points, the total for my egg and biscuit breakfast was 6 points.  Pretty good in my opinion.  I would definitely consider this Saturday morning breakfast a win for both him and her. 








3 comments:

  1. Though they both looked very good, I would opted for Matt's pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first impression of this blog was how nice the pictures were. I vote for "hers". And any recipe that includes a biscuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom had sausage sitting on the counter today. Made me think of this blog. Love you. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete