Friday, November 2, 2012

A-pizza A-pie



Last night I wasn't feeling real hot.  With the combination of the changing weather, fall allergies, and working at a hospital, my body was not just feeling up to par.  Luckily for me, I had already planned on Matt making dinner.  Whenever we have pizza, it is always better if Matt makes it.  I have tried to make pizza multiple times but I am just not as good at it as he is.  He is really good at figuring out the perfect balance of spices, sauces, and cheese.

When he looked in the fridge yesterday, he noticed we had a pie crust that wasn't being used.  He decided to use that instead of a regular pizza crust.  Below are the pictures of the process.  We had fontina cheese, parmesan cheese, pepperoni, and banana peppers in the fridge as well.  These ingredients, along with the pie crust, created the foundation of the pizza.  Matt topped it off with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and oregano.  Because he took the lead on this dinner, I decided I was going to be the one to rate this meal.  I told Matt I gave it a 4.5 out of 5 broccoli florets.  It was pretty delicious! I can't give him a 5 out of 5 quite yet because I want him to keep making pizza.  When he finally reaches a 5 out of 5, then I will let him stop... which will never happen because I love pizza.






1 comment:

  1. You guys are super resourceful! A pie crust=pizza crust!

    ReplyDelete