Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy December 1st!


Happy December 1st to everyone!  December is a really special month for me and my family.  The LOML (love of my life) was born in this month as well as my wonderful and wise father.  I should have known Matt was the "one" once I found out his birthday was the day before my dad's.  In 2004, my brother married my now sister-in-law whose birthday is one day after my sister's.  Somehow we Powells are attracted to people who have birthdays around another family member's birthday.

Anyway, along with these special birthdays, this December is going to be our first wedding anniversary.   Last year at this time we were stressed out but loving the excitement of getting married.  If I am bring honest, probably more stressed now that I think a little longer. One year later we are going to the movies in the middle of the afternoon, taking naps after work, and sitting on the couches we bought as our first big "married couple"purchase.  I am definitely okay with the changes this past year has brought.

Above are the lights we have hung up outside our apartment door.  Although we have already technically spent a Christmas as Mr. and Mrs., this year will be the first one that we get to really celebrate and focus on Christmas.  So with that, happy December 1st and Merry Christmas!  I hope this month brings happiness and joy that lasts throughout 2013.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice that you've started decorating your home for Christmas. How did you do it? Are you making your own decors or buying them? I personally find it better to make than buy my home decors so I can be more artistic with it and save money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I love to make my own decorations if possible. I am planning on stringing our leftover popcorn to decorate our small 2 foot Christmas tree. I also saw some stockings at Anthropologie that I love! I don't want to buy them (they are about $50 apiece) so I am going to attempt to make them this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to blog about that process too!

    ReplyDelete