Saturday, December 15, 2012

Almond Layer Cake with White Chocolate Frosting

When I am searching for a new recipe to try, if the recipe has a picture along with it I am about 1000 percent more likely to give it a shot.  I am one of those people that eats with their eyes. With that in mind, today's post is a photo montage to the Almond Layer Cake with White Chocolate Frosting from Food Network's December issue.  When I saw the recipe in this month's edition, I was immediately drawn to it.  Almond cake?!? Yes, please.  Cream cheese white chocolate frosting?!? Yes, please again! I would not normally make such a decadent dessert if I was wanting to try a new recipe for myself and Matt.  Luckily for me, we had a church small group dinner party on Monday night and I was asked to bring dessert.  If that isn't Providence, I don't know what is.

Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/almond-layer-cake-with-white-chocolate-frosting-recipe/index.html

From what I can tell from people's reactions and comments, it was a really good cake.  This was actually the first cake I have ever made from scratch.  I don't really have the opportunity to make cakes that often so this probably isn't that big of a deal.  But considering this was my first time, I really do think it turned out well.  The frosting was to die for!  It was so good!  Just so you know, the recipe's frosting amount will easily cover the entire cake and leave you with a little extra.  Having enough icing for cupcakes and/or cakes is always a concern of mine because I love eating some icing.  In my mind, cake isn't cake unless it has a good cake to icing ratio.  If you have the same concerns when trying a new cake recipe, please rest assured with this one.  If it have a reason to try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it too!







4 comments:

  1. In the words of Rachel Ray "YUMO"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty cake and would make a very nice cake for a special occasion, or any occasion for that matter! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been googling "how to make a layer cake without the layers rising in the middle for to make it easier to layer" for a cake I want to make for Christmas, which of course has yielded few results... How did you do it?? Very pretty cake my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that huge google question! Hilarious! This cake didn't actually turn out that flat. I am sorry if the pictures are presenting the cake falsely. It definitely had a nice rounded top to it. I wonder if you cut the rounded top part of the cake off and then flip it over when layering (as to prevent cake crumbles getting into the icing) if that would help in the flatness you desire. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete