Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday morning leftovers

I don't know about you, but some mornings I wake up absolutely famished.  This morning was one of those days.  I tried to hold off my hunger for about an hour before I could not take it anymore.   After experimenting with a carrot juice/coconut concoction (trust me, it was bad), I decided to go the more straight forward route and use eggs.  We had leftover squash from the night I made the Zucchini and Chickpea recipe, cheese from the green chili enchiladas, a baked potato from my lunch on Wednesday, and spinach from Matt's lunch. And on top of all of those leftovers, my eggs needed to be used by the beginning of October.  What a perfect combination of ingredients for a big ol' egg scramble!

All the beautiful ingredients!

I put a little bit of olive oil in the skillet and turned the heat on medium.

Threw in my squash and potatoes to warm them up.

Then added the spinach so it would get slightly wilted.

Added the five eggs and scrambled them up a bit in the skillet.  Topped the egg and
vegetables with a handful of cheese along with some salt and pepper.

Scrambled the eggs on medium heat.

A breakfast full of protein and goodness!

2 comments:

  1. Will you be my neighbor? I would stop over all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? I need a better imagination!

    ReplyDelete