Thursday, September 13, 2012

The beginning...

This is my first blog post ever.  I have been looking for a "hobby" recently and I have had multiple people tell me that blogging might be a good way to spend my time.  After discussing my options and interests, I have decided to create a blog focused primarily around more ideas than is actually necessary for starting a blog in the first place.  Here are my focuses (foci?) for this blog:

1) Food!  Who doesn't love food?  I love trying new recipes and look forward to sharing the results here. 

2) Homemade items.  (Clearly not quite as exciting to me as food.)  Being able to make my own vinegar, soap, or sewn bag feels like such an accomplishment.  However, going along with making my own things, I can be slightly lazy at times.  I like making things that take as few steps as possible.  Hopefully the simpleness of these items will be helpful to others.  

3) How to accomplish great versions of (1) and (2) when working in a very small kitchen/laundry room/dining room area.  You see, I love my sweet apartment, but we have no counter space for all of the kitchen adventures I so enjoy.  As I have explored cooking and crafty type things in my kitchen/laundry room/dining room, the top of my washing machine has quickly become my primary cutting board station, mixing station, dish rack, and ironing board.  Who knew one small 3x3 surface could serve so many purposes?!

And just so you know what we are working with here...





I look forward to sharing the recipes, homemade items, and adventures these projects entail!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your recipes and craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!!! I am so excited to copy a,l of your super creative ideas and try your awesome recipes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Already this is the best blog of all time. Whenever I read the word "foci," I know things are gonna get good. Love you Jenny Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica (Riley) EarleySeptember 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM

    Jenny!!! Awesome blog!! I look forward to keeping up on it and reading all your super cool recipes and everything! :)

    ReplyDelete