Friday, September 28, 2012

It is fall. Time for some soup.


Soup!  Oh my goodness, my heart is warming right now at the thought of a good bowl of soup.  One reason why I love the fall so much is that soups begin popping up on restaurant menus and in food magazines.   Finding a good soup recipe is like finding a good sweater.  It is something you can always go to when you need a little comfort.

The soup recipe I made last night is from 101cookbooks.com, a website I have mentioned in a previous post.  I had made this soup in May or June of this year and have been waiting to make it again when the weather was a little cooler.  Unfortunately for our meal planning, I had planned to make this recipe on Thursday evening.  It turned out to be about 82 degrees Thursday.  Yep, that's right.  However, Matt and I decided we had planned that meal so we were going to eat that meal.  End the end we were so happy that we stuck with our plans.  It was delicious!

Here is the link to the website where you can find the  recipe: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/green-lentil-soup-with-curried-brown-butter-recipe.html

Besides the lentils, this soup is made with ingredients you might have in your fridge or cabinet on a regular basis. Hopefully the pictures below will help show the steps in this delicious soup making adventure. Enjoy!










PS- Do you see how happy Matt's hands look in these photos?  Matt said this soup should go on our list of regular weeknight meals.  He likes it that much.  Unfortunately for him, that "regular" list does not exist in this household.  However, I do agree, this soup recipe is a keeper and will probably be called upon again in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Matt's hands definitely look ready to eat! That soup looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! Nothing better than soup, especially when it's "pantry friendly"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to get one of those hand-blender things.

    ReplyDelete