Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rosemary bread



For the past five days our house has smelled fresh, piney, and just plain good.  'Why?' you might ask.  Well, let me tell you.  It is because I have been drying some rosemary that my friend, Lily, passed along to me.  Because I was on that work retreat the past couple days, I was unable to do anything with it up until this morning.  When Lily gave me the rosemary, she said she was currently in the process of making a rosemary bread recipe off of allrecipes.com in her bread machine.  She was making it in her bread machine!?!  The machine that allows the easiest homemade bread to be made with a very minimal amount of work!  Oh man, I knew at that point that I needed to try it too.

This morning it took me about 15 seconds to find the recipe she had mentioned.  It is called "Jo's Rosemary Bread Recipe" and has received over a thousand reviews on allrecipes.com.  Below is the recipe and the link:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jos-rosemary-bread
       
          ...............

Jo's Rosemary Bread Recipe

1 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.  Select white bread cycle; press Start.

          ...............

As you can see from the top picture, my bread definitely turned out lopsided (and kind of looks like an alien/dinosaur).  However, despite it's disfigurement, it is delicious!  I brushed on a little bit of olive oil and sprinkled it with salt after it was done. This only enhanced it's rich flavor.  If you have a bread machine and a little bit of rosemary hanging around, I would definitely recommend giving this bread a try.  It would be especially delicious with an Italian dinner.  Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. That looks so incredibly delicious!! Mom and I were baking and cooking today and I kept thinking about this blog! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete