Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Corn, Corn, Corn!



Corn season is upon us and I am oh, so happy about this.  I love corn in any of its many forms.  Grits, popcorn, corn bread, corn tortillas, or just good ol' corn on the cob, give me any of it.  Any way someone serves corn is quite alright by me.

So with corn season in mind, I decided to make a soup recipe from 101cookbooks.com that I have been eyeing for a little while.  I had been waiting for this time of the year to come so I could make this recipe with the best corn possible.  Maybe it is because I am from Ohio and corn country (seriously, in my hometown we have a festival each September called "The Corn Festival"-we celebrate corn!), but corn out of the can is ridiculously horrible most of the time.  I never ever buy the cheap corn when shopping at Publix.  It just doesn't work for me.  I will buy the most expensive corn just because I think it doesn't taste bland like the cheap stuff.  So with that corn snobbery confessed, when this time of the year comes around, I love to utilize delicious corn in as many ways as possible.  How could a corn soup not be a delicious way to celebrate this vegetable?

Here's that link to the recipe I mentioned from 101cookbooks:  Corn Soup from 101cookbooks.com

This was such a fun and fresh soup to make.  Matt actually got sick over the weekend so getting to make him corn soup was a perfect way to put some fluids in him.  As you can see in the top picture, I added goat cheese to my bowl to add a little creaminess to the broth.  Matt stuck to the clear broth.  I also topped the soup with dill like the author of the original recipe recommends.  At first, I was like "Dill, really?  I don't know about that."  After adding a little and re-tasting the soup, I was like, "Dill! Really!  This is amazing!"  I actually sounded like that.  My excitement level over adding a little dill to the dish was slightly ridiculous.  Either way, dill or no dill, I hope you enjoy this soup if you have some extra corn lying around.  This recipe is definitely worth a try.










4 comments:

  1. Yum!!!!! That sounds wonderful! We love corn!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got around to trying this recipe and it was a hit!!! I added the dill also with some reluctance, but it was just as you said...delicious!!! And the goat cheese on top added some wonderful creaminess! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love corn. And dill. Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete