Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Fun



This past weekend Matt and I were able to head a little south of Atlanta to visit with part of my family.  It was such a relaxing time of taking life slow and doing things that are just fun to do.  We read a lot of magazines, talked about future plans, ate a lot of cupcakes, and watched a lot of TV.  All the fun things you crave to do while on a short weekend vacation.

My sweet mother and sister went on a walk with me last night around the neighborhood.  They allowed me to use themselves and their dogs as models as I practiced my photography.  These photos are some of the results of that walk.  I am trying to work on my lighting skills and see how the sun affects the contrast and shadows.  I had a lot of fun playing around with these pictures.

I don't quite know why I love the very top picture I have placed on today's post.  As I continue to look at it, I think it might be the stark blackness of Pippi's fur against the gray of the concrete mixed with the orange/brown of the leaves and pine needles.  I don't really know why I am so drawn to it especially because it is out of focus.  I just think it is very interesting.  Anyway, thanks for allowing me to share part of my weekend.  I hope you had a relaxing one too!




2 comments:

  1. So much fun! the pictures are a great reminder of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm commenting on everything because I'm catching up, but I think that top picture has a lot of movement, which is why I like it- like you're spinning around when you look at it. In a good way! And that pink flower could be in a freaking calendar!

    ReplyDelete