Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Homemade Naan and Palak Daal

Oh, Indian food.  How I love thee!  I can't say it enough.  We just love Indian food in this household.  Any chance we get to eat it, we do.  Any time I am feeling exotic in my cooking cuisine, I make it.  It is just a staple around here. If you have been reading this blog for any period of time, the obsession is probably pretty clear.

The other day I embarked on trying another Indian recipe.  This recipe was taken from 101cookbooks.com (Oh, 101cookbooks. How I  love thee!)  Here is the link: Palak Daal  I have made this recipe one time before but did not blog about it at the time.  I was initially drawn to it because it included both lentils and spinach. Two power foods.  Who wouldn't feel powerful, strong, and completely filled after eating those ingredients for dinner? 

I also decided to try something a little different and make some homemade naan.   The naan recipe I used came from allrecipes.com (Oh, allrecipes.  How I feel so-so about you.)  Here's that link: Homemade Naan  To make this naan recipe, all I really needed to do was bust out was my bread machine.  I halved the recipe because I knew we didn't need that much naan hanging around our kitchen.

I actually forgot to take a picture of the finished products because I was so hungry and excited to eat this meal.  I am a little embarrassed to actually type that but it's the truth.  Please forgive the half eaten bowl of palak daal near the end of the photos. This recipe was really good and really filling.  We ate the palak daal over brown rice to increase the whole grains.  Matt loved the naan and it really was easy to make.  They were not perfect in shape or size but they were tasty.  If we make the palak daal again any time soon, I promise I will take a better photo so you can really see the essence of Indian deliciousness. Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment