Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back at it with Lemon Cranberry Scones!



After too long of a break, I am back at photographing the creations that have been occurring in our kitchen.  I don't know why but I just didn't feel like blogging for a while.  I think sometimes it is nice to know you have the option to do something and are not obligated to do it.  I, like everyone else, am committed to many people and things. I am committed to my husband, my family, friends, work, watching television (oh, that's where my time went!), church, and so on.  And with so many commitments, I like to know that I can choose or not choose to do some things in my life.  Today I am choosing to blog.  I hope I can be more consistent.  I promise I will try.

So not last weekend but the weekend before, I was scheduled to run in my first ever 5K.  I was very nervous about this but my sweet mother, father, and sister came all the way down here to support me.  My sister even volunteered to run too!  What a champ!  However, the rain gods were not supportive of this run actually happening.  There was so much lightening and thundering they cancelled the entire event!  3,000 women were signed up to run and were not able to.  This decision was definitely understandable when considering the weather but sad at the same time.  I had "trained" for the six weeks prior in order to be ready (or as ready as I could be) for this race.  After learning it was cancelled, I immediately signed up for the next 5K I knew about as to not put all this "training" to waste.  This new 5K is coming up this Saturday morning.  Please send me lots of good wishes, fast speeds, and no tripping thoughts as I attempt to complete this 2013 goal of mine. 

While my mother was visiting that weekend, she helped me make some breakfast items for the hospitality table at church.  She suggested I make a scone (daughter like mother) and I said, "yes, please."  She had previously sent me a recipe for lemon and cranberry scones from the Smitten Kitchen website.  Here is the link: Meyer Lemon and Cranberry Scones  As usual, my mother has wonderful taste!  These scones were light, delicious, and perfect for a spring morning.  I got many compliments on them from the church crew.  If you are needing another scone recipe from this blog site, I would definitely give these a chance.  (I think I am going to have a complete encyclopedia of scone recipes by the end of this process.)  I hope you enjoy!










2 comments:

  1. We do love the scones! Oh yeah! I can actually make these again for a neighbor this weekend. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's crazy? When I saw the top picture, I thought "Jen's hands look just like Barbs!" And then I read the post...haha!

    ReplyDelete