Monday, January 28, 2013

Weekend of Stillness

This past weekend I was sick.  It was one of those annoying illnesses that can sometimes creep up on you.  My symptoms were strange. I felt only a little worn out and exhausted most of the time but I wanted to sleep all the time. My nose was periodically on the fritz and I would have a chill every three to four hours but not any more frequently than that.  It was like my body was having commitment issues with a cold.  I couldn't decide if I really wanted to commit to the cold-like illness or just be healthy like normal.  When I described these confusing symptoms to the symptom checker on WebMD.com (warning: this website can scare the crazy out of anyone), some of my possible diagnoses were 1) a cold, 2) an allergic reaction, or 3) the plague.  Yes, watch out.  I MIGHT have the plague according to the internet.

During one small spurt of energy over the weekend, I decided I wanted to go walk-jogging around my neighborhood.  I am still not sure where this urge came from but I didn't fight it.  When I got back from my slight exercise, my sweet husband was outside smoking his pipe.  The lighting was so perfect that I couldn't help but snap a few pictures.  I haven't been cooking the last couple days due to the illness, so hopefully this will fill some blog space until I am back at it.  I hope you enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sick but love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to type exactly what Audrey said above! And yes - WebMD can scare the crap out of anyone. Been there. Done that. I'll pray you don't have the plague. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your close-ups! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt smokes a pipe! I give him 5 chopsticks for that :)

    ReplyDelete