Friday, January 25, 2013

10 Minute Asparagus and Chickpea Dish



This Ten Minute Asaparagus recipe is one that I have been eyeing for quite a while.  It has brown rice, almonds, chickpeas, asparagus.  Clearly all very delicious ingredients.  My only issue was that it called for tahini.  I have never bought tahini and can't seem to find it in the stores for less than $8.00.  While I was home for Christmas, my sweet mother gave me a jar of tahini she had for while but wasn't using.  When she just casually offered me this jar of awesomeness, my world of recipes opened up!

Here's the link to an asparagus, brown rice, chickpea, and tahini recipe I recently tried from 101cookbooks.com:  http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/ten-minute-tasty-asparagus-and-brown-rice-recipe.html

On Monday nights we often need quick dinners.  Once we get home, get to sit and relax for a minute, do the dishes, and chat, we often only have about an hour before we get to head out again for the evening.  So this quick meal was perfect for a Monday (or really any day of the week).

I had done some of the prep work the night before by cooking the brown rice.  Brown rice is just so great because it tastes just as wonderful reheated as if it was cooked right then.  Sometimes I find with white rice it gets kind of hard and tasteless the next day.  Brown rice does exactly the opposite.  It only gets better with time.  This asparagus and chickpea recipe is also one that only gets better.  It was delicious the night we had it and even better the next two days for lunch.  The tahini dressing just takes it over the top.  If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it!






2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!!!!!! Definitley going to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One reason I love this blog is for your helpful hints and tips. Who knew brown rice was better the next day?? Not me, that's who!

    ReplyDelete