Saturday, February 9, 2013

Palak Paneer: A Vegetarian Indian Dream Dish



Clearly we love paneer in this household.  When looking over past dishes, this cheese is definitely makes regular appearances on this blog. This awesome, filling cheese is a staple in any Indian recipe I attempt to make.  My first question when browsing for Indian recipes, does it have paneer in it?  Yes. Well then yes, please.  Let's try that one.

The other day I was feeling only slightly adventurous when looking for an Indian recipe I could make for dinner.  I wanted it to include paneer (of course) but also didn't want to go with the staple Saag Paneer we have at least once a month.  When browsing on allrecipes.com, I came across Rosy's Palak Paneer.  This recipe was enticing because it included all the Indian flavors I love but added a tomato twist.  In the original recipe, it calls for adding the paneer to the tomato and spinach base and letting the cheese warm that way.  I decided to fry ours up adding a little turmeric and salt.  The extra hit of flavor on the cheese was a very nice addition.

As I am continuing to find, the Indian recipes I try only get better and more flavorful with time.  The night we ate this dinner, the palak paneer was great.  However, the next day, it was truly wonderful.  It always makes me so happy to have leftovers I actually enjoy eating.  This recipe was definitely enjoyable.  If you try it out, I hope you like it too!





1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I have still.never tried paneer...gonna need to do that!!

    ReplyDelete