Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls


























As I have mentioned before, some Sundays I get to make the breakfast treats for the hospitality table at our church.  A couple weeks ago I decided I wanted to make tiny little cinnamon rolls as one of my hospitality treats.  Although I love the taste of fresh bread and think it is one of the best things in the entire world, I hate to wait while the dough is rising.  It just seems like such a process to me.  With that complaint, here is where my sweet and awesome bread machine steps in.

While looking on allrecipes.com for a cinnamon roll recipe, I was specifically drawn to one that allowed me to make the dough in my bread machine.  The reviews for this recipe were out of this world.  People seriously claimed the recipe tasted like a Cinnabon.  Here is the link to the recipe:  Clone of a Cinnabon.  As you can see, even the name reflects the high standard of deliciousness that is set from the very beginning.

The original recipe yields 12 regular sized cinnamon rolls.  While reading it over, I definitely knew that I needed more than 12 rolls to feed our group at church.  I also knew that I couldn't double the dough ingredients because the dough would literally explode out of my bread machine.  Instead of doubling the dough and/or making two separate batches of dough, I decided to just make a regular amount of dough and after it had finished it's time in the bread machine, I would split that dough in two sections.  I then took one of the two sections and rolled it out nice and thin.  Once the cinnamon and butter were spread onto the dough and it was rolled into it's cinnamon bun formation, I would then just make smaller slices in the roll.  This worked out like magic for me!  I ended up splitting and slicing the dough enough to get 50 cute, little cinnamon rolls.  The pictures don't even do justice to how small and adorable they were.

Because I iced the cinnamon rolls at church, I didn't get to take a photo of them.  So instead of actually seeing the iced rolls, imagine tiny little cinnamon rolls with just a good amount of sweet cream cheese icing.  Yum!  These bite-sized cinnamon rolls were quickly eaten up with not even one being left at the end of the service.  My ego was satisfied with this success.  I can't wait to try them again!  I hope you enjoy.







3 comments:

  1. Matt needs to have a weekly beer review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...I copied this recipe and am going to try them next time for a change. And what a great idea to make them mini! Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the heck is anonymous?!?! These loom awesome!!

    ReplyDelete