Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Five Layer (or Four Layer) Honey Cake


Oh man!  I have found the cake of my springtime dreams.  This Five Layer Honey Cake from Love, Cake is blowing me away right now.  It is light, airy, fluffy, crazy good, and just the right amount of sweet.  And it tastes just like a Honey Teddy Graham in a grown-up cake form!  I made this cake when we had some friends over for dinner last night.  These friends really appreciate good food and I really appreciate their appreciation for it.  It is a wonderful circular relationship of appreciation.  When trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner, I came across this Five Layer Honey Cake on Love, Cake.  I wasn't sure what we were going to have for the actual dinner but I immediately knew we were having this cake for dessert.  

This cake went over like a dream.  I cannot wait to make this cake again soon.  It would be perfect for Easter dinner now that I think about it...  The link to the recipe is listed above.


In the first part of the recipe, you add baking soda to warmed honey.  When you add the baking soda to the honey, it will instantly become really foamy.  It is an amazing reaction to watch.


Look how fluffy and golden this honey and baking soda mixture is!





I ended up making four layers instead of five layers.  In order to get all the layers the same, I measured out equal amounts, two in my baking pans and two in separate bowls to bake in the second round of baking.   I only have two 8 inch baking pans so I baked in two rounds.



And for the filling portion of this cake...

This is the cream cheese and honey mixture. 



Below is the whipped heavy cream.  I am still amazed that if you whip heavy cream it can turn into this magnificent creamy delight within minutes.  I used my immersion blender to whip this cream up.



Look how light and fluffy this looks!


And when the cake and filling are put together you get....



Seriously, this cake is amazing.  I would highly recommend trying it if you are needing a spring cake (or Easter cake) to impress.  I hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious...and I am definitely impressed!! Would be a really nice change from the usual angel food cake if you're looking for something light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I actually served it with some raspberries on the side in order to get some fruit in.

      Delete
  2. That looks so good!!!! I would like you to make me some please!

    ReplyDelete