Tuesday, October 22, 2013

15 minute Black Bean Soup



Almost 3 years ago now, I was told about a recipe for black bean soup from allrecipes.com.  The person who told me about the recipe swore up and down that it was the easiest and fastest black bean soup she has ever made.  She wasn't lying (which is good because this person was actually my pastor's wife).  This is seriously the easiest black bean soup.  And, as a plus, it is a totally satisfying meal!

Matt and I have always struggled with meals on the nights we go to our church small group.  We don't want anything that takes too long to make.  If a meal takes more than 20 minutes to make, it just isn't going to work for us.  We have resorted to Chick-fil-a way too many times when grabbing a quick bite before heading off to small group. I don't like the idea of relying on fast food when needing a fast meal.  I would like to be able to have some recipes on hand to whip up for times when we literally need a fifteen minute meal.  This recipe is a great one but if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!  I need to expand my quick meal supply.

This black bean soup recipe is definitely one to try if needing something hearty and filling no matter how much time you have. Here's the recipe: Black Bean and Salsa Soup.  It is just a good ol' recipe to have on hand.  If feeling adventurous, you can add corn to the recipe, a different kind of bean, or maybe some roasted peppers.  I put in some extra black beans to our soup to add to the texture.  I also topped it with some baked Scoops and a dollop of non-fat greek yogurt.  Delicious!!  But seriously, if anyone has any quick, semi-healthy recipes out there, please let me know.  My small group meal nights are depending on you.  :) Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Oh man! How have I never heard of this before? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pinned this! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete